skip to main content

Parent Resources

Important Deadline Information Regarding Home Schooled Students and Students Attending Non-Public Schools

If a parent chooses to home school their child or send them to a non-public school and they want special education service they must do the following by June 1st preceding the school year from which the request for service is made.**

  1. Notify the district (Director of Special Education Benjamin Franquiz) of their intent to home school/ select a non-public school.
  2. Submit a written request to the board of education/Director of Special Education for special education services.

**Except for when a student is first identified as a student with a disability after the first day of June preceding the school year for which the request is made and before the first day of April of such current school year, the parent must submit the written request for services within 30 days after the student was first identified


Long Island College & University Disability Services Resource Guide

Institution Contact
Adelphi University
Five Towns College
Molloy College
Nassau Community College
St. Joseph's College
SUNY Farmingdale
SUNY Old Westbury
Stony Brook University
Suffolk Community College