What is the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA)?
Basically, the 72 provisions of the Act provide for improved access to nutrition assistance through program expansion, outreach, and changes that make it easier for children to get nutritious meals at school.
Click on the link below for more information.
My Payments Plus
The district is pleased announce our continued support for MyPaymentsPlus. My Payments Plus is a state-of-the-art online service that offers you the convenience and information you need to manage your child’s meal account. This system will eliminate the need to send checks to school or worry about lost or forgotten lunch money, and speeds up serving lines in the cafeteria.
At no cost, MyPaymentsPlus allows any family to:
- Create a free, secured account to manage all of your accounts.
- Check your child’s current account balance.
- Monitor the items your child has been purchasing in the cafeteria.
- Create settings to receive email notifications when the account reaches a low balance.
For a small 4.75% transaction fee paid to the vendor/bank, MyPaymentsPlus also allows any family to:
- Make a prepayment into your child’s meal account using a check, credit card, or debit card at MyPaymentsPlus or by calling 1.877.237.0946. Funds deposited through MyPaymentsPlus are usually available for use within a matter of minutes.
- Choose whether your child can have unrestricted use of these prepaid funds, (meaning that they can purchase anything sold in their school’s cafeteria) Or, if you prefer, you can restrict your child’s purchases to "Lunch Only".
- Allocate prepayment funds to each of your child’s accounts.
- Create settings to automatically replenish your child’s account when it reaches a low balance.
We strongly encourage all parents (even if you do not prepay online) to create an account at no cost through MyPaymentsPlus. Step by step instructions for registering and creating a new account are available on the link below. To create a new account, you will need your child’s Student ID number to input as the PIN number. This number is printed on your child’s class schedule. If you do not know your child’s Student ID number(s) you can call 1.877.237.0946. Your child will be asked to enter his/her pin number into a pin pad which will be located on the lunch line. This will help us to move the lines quickly. Also, student photos will be attached to each account for identification and security purposes.
Note that while cash will still be accepted in the cafeteria, our goal is to fully utilize the MyPaymentsPlus system. However, you may still prepay for meals by giving cash or a check directly to your child’s food service cashier. Simply use the form below to indicate how you would like these funds allocated. If an allocation choice is not marked, the monies will automatically be deposited into the ala-carte and lunch category. The cost for meals in the elementary schools is: $1.50 for breakfast and $2.30 for lunch. The cost for meals in the Junior-Senior High School is: $1.50 for breakfast and $2.60 for lunch. If you prepay for lunch by either using MyPaymentsPlus or by directly paying for your child’s food service, you will receive bonus dollars credited to your account(s) as follows:
- Prepayment between $60.00 to $99.99 receives a $3.00 bonus
- Prepayments between $100.00 or greater receives a $3.50 bonus
If you choose to make direct payments with your food service cashier, then kindly make checks or money orders payable to "Eastport-South Manor CSD School Lunch Fund." Click here for the manual prepayment form. Once completed, return the form with your deposit in an envelope marked "LUNCH PROGRAM."
Thank you for your continued support. I am proud that we will continue to offer you convenience and information through MyPaymentsPlus. We consistently strive to find new and better ways to serve our students and our families and I thank you for partnering with us in this effort.
If you have any questions, you can contact Karen, Food Service Director at 1.631.801.3341 and she will assist you.