Extra Credit Trimester
The extra credit report should be:
- 1 page single- spaced
- Or 2 pages double-spaced
- Font of 12
- Only two paragraphs on life statistics
It must include:
- Scientist’s name - Life Span (date of birth and death)
- Country of origin
- Discovery or Invention
- How did the world benefit from his/her discovery
- Picture of Scientist.
- What were the scientist main fields of study?
- Any interesting or unique facts about the scientist?
- Any problems that the scientist faced in their research?
- How has other scientists built on their research?
Here are some helpful websites:
- There can be NO PLAGIARISM. (to present the ideas or words of another as your own)
- This report needs to be written in your own words. The only “cut and paste” can be of pictures.
- A bibliography is required. Cite the books, periodicals, and websites that you used to get your information.
Make a poster on a topic we have covered.
It must be accurate, attractive, complete in information and NEAT! Good enough to be displayed.
Attend any science lecture, demonstration, or museum and write a summary of what you saw and learned.
LI Aquarium in Riverhead
Quogue Wildlife Refuge
Holtsville Ecology Center
Morton's Preserve on Noyac Rd
Pictures from nature that show an example of a topic covered.