Sports Clearance Process Guidelines
** In order for a child to try out for sports they must be on the Sports Eligibility List and MUST HAVE the following submitted to the nurse’s office on time. **
- a physical exam completed after June 1, 2018 which is good for the entire school year.
- The two page ESM Interval Health History and Consent for Sports completed by a Parent/Guardian ONLY (in pen).
Grade 9-12 Spring Sports - Turn in this form from 2/18 – 3/1. No later than 1pm on 3/1.
Grade 7-8 Spring Sports - Turn in this form from 3/11 – 3/22. No later than 1pm on 3/22.
- If you indicate your child needs medication (EPI Pens/Inhalers) you MUST supply the medication form and child MUST self-carry.
The Sports Eligibility List
- Your child will not be placed on the list if you indicate your child needs medication (EPI Pens/Inhalers etc.) unless your paperwork is on file in the nurse’s office.
- Students who submit their forms after 1pm will be on the sports list for the following day.
- All forms received on or after the first day of the sport tryout will be processed according to the nurse availability. Your child is NOT guaranteed clearance if papers are turned in the day the sport starts or later.
Nurse’s Office Phone: (631) 801 – 3262 Nurse’s Office Fax: (631) 874 – 6785
School/Sports Physical Form
School physicals are required for any student wishing to participate on an athletic team. The school/sports physical must be completed by a doctor. School physicals are good for one school year.School physicals should be performed on or after June 1st to be considered valid for the upcoming school year and are required each year a child desires to participate in sports.
Interval Health History and Consent Form
The Interval Health History and Consent form is used for those students who already have a physical. An Interval Health History and Consent form must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian two weeks prior to EACH sport season