The District transportation company is Montauk Bus, LLC. You will note their corporate name on the side of all of the school buses at the start of the year. Their headquarters are located at 209 Wading River Road, Center Moriches, NY 11934 and their direct phone number is 631-874-5300.
The District’s goal is to provide efficient, effective and safe transportation services for our students. As a general guideline, maximum walking distances to pick-up points have been varied according to grade level, and are as follows:
Grades K-2 500 feet
Grades 3-6 900 feet
Grades 7-12 1,320 feet
Please note, these maximum distances are a guideline that the district used to develop bus stops. These limits and the bus stops may be revised based upon safety and efficiency issues as determined by the Assistant Superintendent.
Please see the information below for the following:
- Authorized bus stops for all schools for the 2019-2020 school year. click here
- Transportation forms for elementary parents for the 2021-2022 school year, including the Before/After School Day Care Form. (due 4/1/2021) click here.
- Private & Parochial School Transportation Request Form. click here.
- Private & Parochial School Transportation Request Form - in Spanish
- Board of Education approved Transportation Policies (BOE policy # 8400, 8411 & 8411-R). click here
Bus routes are subject to change at any time during the school year due to new students enrolling, students being discharged, the number of students assigned to buses and bus route timing.
Bus Stop Information
With regards to bus stops, please note the following:
- If you have any questions regarding your child's bus stops or bus letters, please call 631-801-3009.
- To request a change in bus stops for a non-emergency reason, please send your request in writing via fax to (631) 801-3027. You must include your name, your child’s name, phone number, school, grade, address and reason for your request.
Because the beginning of the school year is an extremely busy time, it will take at least 10 school days to respond to non-emergency type of inquiries.
- If you believe you have a health and safety concern related to transportation, you must send us the request in writing. Please include your name, your child’s name, phone number, school, grade, address and a full description of your health and/or safety concern. You can also call us at 631-801-3009.
Health and safety concerns take priority and will be addressed as soon as possible.
Feel free to contact the transportation department either by phone (631) 801-3009 or fax (631) 801-3027.