Continuous Learning Update - 3/25/2020
Dear ESM Community Members,
We know this letter finds you navigating the many challenges that are now part of our lives. As previously shared, students will be returning to school on April 1, 2020. Please know the return-to–school date is subject to change based on the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and decisions made by our elected officials.
As a district, we are taking the necessary steps to develop continuous learning experiences for students. Below is an overview of our plan.
March 16 – March 20, 2020
On Monday and Tuesday, teachers worked diligently to create lessons and gather materials to provide students with opportunities for learning. For our K-6 students, the activities focused on review and reinforcement of concepts presented earlier in the year. Teachers in the JSHS developed lessons that blended both review and introduced new concepts to ensure pacing for Regents and AP exams. The district used Emergency Closing Days Wednesday thru Friday.
March 23 – March 27, 2020
As previously notified, the district modified the calendar and we are on Spring Break.
March 30 – April 10, 2020 Students will begin Continuous Learning at home.
Students K- 6
- Detailed information about Continuous Learning will be communicated through the building principals.
- The district will post materials for the next two weeks on our website: www.esmonline.org
- To download the packet, click the Families and Community tab on the District Website. Links for the student work will be listed here.
- Included in the resource packet is a calendar to assist children in pacing their daily work.
- Students at the JSHS can see assignments posted on Google Classroom or Schoology.
- Students can submit work on Schoology.
- These online platforms are currently used by our teachers and students
- If you or your child need any assistance logging into these platforms, our Technology Department is available.
- For Technology support, click on the Families and Community tab on the District Website and scroll down to Technical Assistance.
During this time period, (3/30 - 4/10), our teachers and administrators will be developing our Continuous Learning Plan; preparing for the potential of an extended school closure. This will include a remote learning platform for all of our students. Working together with our teachers, the goal is to ensure a positive learning experience for our children. Please be patient! To do this well requires a coordinated effort to ensure support is available for teachers, students and parents.